Poets Reading the News publishes unsolicited and original poetry and prose about current events from around the world. We are open to submissions 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Submitting is free and always will be.
- We accept only original and previously unpublished works.
- Submit up to three poems at a time.
- Include an author’s biography of 80 words or less.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged. We move quickly on accepted works. If your writing is accepted elsewhere, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Include links to news sources regarding your work’s topic whenever possible.
- If you are integrating quotes or data into your writing, you must provide links to your sources.
- Poets Reading the News encourages writers of all backgrounds to submit their writing, in particular writers of color, women writers, emergent writers, LGBTQI+ writers, and writers from regions near and far.
By submitting your work, you are assuring that you hold the rights to the work and you are granting Poets Reading the News the rights to publish the submitted work. By submitting, you are aware that if chosen for publication your work may be selected to appear in a Poets Reading the News podcast, radio feature, reading, and/or our social media platforms. By submitting, we will assume an interest in our publication and add you to our newsletter. At this time, this is not a paid opportunity.
- Use the Typeform below. Note: If your poem has complicated formatting, please also email your submission as a .doc or .docx file to email@example.com.
- Organize your writing into a single .doc or .docx file and e-mail your work directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the formatting/spacing is complicated, please send along a PDF as well. If your work regards a time-sensitive matter write “Breaking” in your e-mail subject line.
Thank you for your interest in Poets Reading The News.
We look forward to reading your poetry!